Urban Regeneration Companies (URCs) are independent companies, whose principal aim is to engage the private sector in a sustainable regeneration strategy, working within the context of a wider strategic regeneration framework, which takes full account of the problems and opportunities for an entire area.
Ilex Urban Regeneration Company Limited (Ilex) was set up in 2003 by the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister (OFMDFM) and the Department for Social Development in Northern Ireland (DSD) to plan, develop and sustain the economic, physical and social regeneration of the Derry City Council area.
To champion sustainable economic, physical and social transformation in Derry~Londonderry.
To create and promote a co-ordinated regeneration of the Derry City Council area and managing its implementation in co-operation with OFMDFM, relevant government departments, Derry City Council, private sector and other interested parties;
To secure the economic, social and physical regeneration of the Ebrington and Fort George sites.
In order to effectively implement our mission and deliver our aims and objectives, the following statements reflect how we work internally within the organisation and externally with our multiple stakeholders.
- We create an environment that nurtures and sustains learning and growth and optimises the potential of our people and partners;
- We lead through partnership and partner through leadership, respecting and adding value to the work of others;
- We are open, transparent, realistic, demonstrating honesty and integrity in our dealings with others;
- We think, plan and act creatively to deliver shared success that makes a real difference; and
- We are ambitious in what we do and how we do it.
We ensure that these values are embedded in regeneration, particularly in relation to the principles of equality, good relations, sustainability, deliverability and collaboration.